Thursday, March 7, 2013

Psalms 27-28

Psalms 27-28

Scripture Thought (What I Learned):

Chapter 27: Be of Good Courage

A Psalm of David.

                “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?” (Psalms 27:1)

                “…though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.” (Psalms 27:3)

                “…he shall set me upon his rock.” (Psalms 27:5)

                David explains that with the Lord we can have His light and salvation. With this light and salvation we have no reason to fear.

                “Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord” (Psalms 27:14)

                David reminds us that the even in the tough times, we need to be patience and wait on the Lord with courage.

Chapter 28: Save the People

A Psalm of David.

                David makes a simple plea with the Lord to grant his petitions, save his people and bless his inheritance.

No comments:

Post a Comment