Saturday, April 13, 2013

Psalms 101-102

Psalms 101-102

Chapter 101: Cutting of the “Evildoers”

A Psalm of David

                David gives some great advice in this Psalm. He tells the Lord that he will “…behave…wisely in a perfect way… I will walk… with a perfect heart.” (Psalms 101:2)

                David continues to say that he will not dwell with wickedness; “…I will not know a wicked person. Whoso privily slandereth his neighbor, him will I cut off…” (Psalms 101:4-5) David tells us that we really shouldn’t be around people who are wicked, who slander their neighbors. He also tells us that “…he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight.” (Psalms 101:7)

                What we can learn from this is that while being nice and treating everyone equal… we should not have friends or associate with people that are wicked. I mean, after all, what is the point? If we are around wickedness while light from the Lord is trying to shine through us, it will only become dim in the darkness of those around us. Don’t associate with evil.

Chapter 102: Zion shall be built when Christ comes

A Prayer of the afflicted, when he is overwhelmed, and poureth out his complaint before the Lord

                “Hear my prayer, O Lord… Hide not thy face from me in the day when I am in trouble…” (Psalms 102:1-2) I am sure that almost everyone in the world at some point in time felt like the author of this Psalm which was written for those who were afflicted.

                Zion will appear and be built up in the day that the Lord comes in His glory! The Lord will come down from His sanctuary to liberate the captive and loose those that are appointed unto death.  Even while heaven and earth perish, the Lord who created them shall endure forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment