Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Psalms 81-82

Psalms 81-82

Chapter 81: Walk in the Ways of the Lord

To the chief Musician upon Gittith, A Psalm of Asaph

                Here, the Lord speaks to Asaph;

“I am the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt… But my people would nothearken to my voice… So I gave them up to their own hearts’ lust: and they walked in their own counsels. Oh that my people had hearkened unto me, and Israel had walked in my ways! I should have soon subdued their enemies, and turned my hand against their adversaries.” (Psalms 81:10-14)

We need to remember that God will help us, but because he has given us agency… he will not force us to do anything. If we chose to live without God, he will leave us alone and not help us in our times of need.

Chapter 82: Ye are Gods of the Most High

A Psalm of Asaph

                “God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods” (Psalms 82:1) The Lord God (Jesus Christ) is a God, but not THE GOD (The Father).

                “I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.” (Psalms 82:6)

                This is a very important verse. First we learn that we are “gods” notice how it is a lowercase “g” and not an uppercase “G”, because we all have the ability to become “gods” like our Father, or in other words, we have the ability to become like our Father in Heaven. This leads to the second important part of this verse… we are children of the most High God. That means that God is literally OUR FATHER!

No comments:

Post a Comment