Thursday, May 2, 2013

Psalms 138-139

Psalms 138-139

Chapter 138: David Praises the Lord

            David praises the Lord for His lovingkindness and truth. David tells the Lord, that in  “In the day when I cried thou answeredst me, and strengthenedst me with strength in my soul” (Psalms 138:3) Often times we might also feel like we are in trouble, but the Lord will answer our prayers and strengthen us.
Chapter 139: God knows our thoughts and desires

To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David

Davids starts this Psalm by addressing an important fact, the Lord knows our thoughts.

                “…thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou strandest my thought afar off.” (Psalms 139:1-2) The Lord knows our thoughts and desires; we cannot hide good or evil from Him.

                David goes on to mention that having the Lord’s knowledge “…is too wonderful for me, it is high, I cannot attain unto it.” (Psalms 139:6) We cannot understand the Lord’s knowledge in this life, plain and simple.

                David mentions that the Lord is so full of love that even when we are in the darkest of situations, the Lord will be there for us. David writes; “…if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there” (Psalms 139:8) We can rest assured that the Lord is with us always, even if we are in times of trouble, or despair… trust in the Lord.

                The Psalm ends with something that I really love, and something that I think everyone should have in their heart… “Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” (Psalms 139:23-24) We should all ask the Lord to search our hearts and see our true desire, even when we do bad and it looks like we have no heart, the Lord can see our true intentions.

No comments:

Post a Comment