Sunday, May 5, 2013

Psalms 142-143

Psalms 142-143

Chapter 142: David Prays for Help

Maschil of David; A Prayer when he was in the cave

                David prays for preservation from his enemies. “Attend unto my cry; for I am brought very low: deliver me from my persecutors; for they are stronger than I.” (Psalms 142:6) Sometimes we are caught in situations where we are unable to help ourselves and our enemies may appear or ARE stronger than us, and in those situations we need to pray for help.

Chapter 143: David prays for Fair Judgment

A Psalm of David

                David prays for favor in the Lord’s judgment. David meditates on the Lord’s marvelous works and he puts his trust in the Lord.

                David asks the Lord; “…cause me to know the way wherein I should walk… Teach me to do thy will…” (Psalms 143:8,10)

                We should never trust man; ask God what you should do, not man.

No comments:

Post a Comment