Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 30; Alma 23-26

Day 30; Alma 23-26



I am tackling the Book of Mormon in 60 days. My plan is to have the Book of Mormon studied by the end of 2011. During my challenge, I will post a daily blog of my reading, in this blog I will share with you... my thoughts, feelings, opinions and knowledge about the Book of Mormon. Do you have questions? Comments? Please... lets start a discussion. I would be more than happy to answer your questions, comments or concerns!

Request a FREE copy of the Book of Mormon: http://mormon.org/free-book-of-mormon/
How the Book of Mormon came about: http://youtu.be/FMQEb9A9L2g   

                Day 30/60 of my Book of Mormon Challenge. It is really exciting to have gotten this far, without failing. I continue strong and have now developed a habit to reading the scriptures daily. The Book of Mormon has 531 pages. Currently I am on page 275, which means I am about 51-52% through the Book of Mormon.
                So far I have really enjoyed this experience and have learned a lot. Today I learned that with scripture study, prayer, faith and God we can come to know the mysteries of God. Our minds can be opened up and we can see things clearer in this blurry world.
                I invited anyone reading this to start reading the Book of Mormon today, and as always if you have questions, I am more than willing to answer them. I love thoughtful discussion and sincere questions.

Scripture Thought (What I Learned):

Chapter 23: The lamanites throughout 7 lands are converted. They change their name to the Anti-Nephi-Lehies.

Chapter 24: The lamanites who had not been converted raise up an army to come and kill the people of "Anti-Nehpi-Lehi", but the people decide not to prepare for war, but instead they bury their weapons in the earth and make a covenant to God to never use weapons of war. When the lamanites come up to kill them, the Anti-Nephi-Lehies go out of the city and bow down to the earth. The lamanites kill more than 1,000 within minutes without any resistance. When the lamanites see this, a majority of them are converted to God. "...thus we see that the Lord worketh in many ways to the salvation of his people." (Alma 24:27)

Chapter 25: The lamanites that still have not been converted spread throughout the lands, the priests of King Noah perish like Abinadi had promised (see Mosiah 17:15 - Day 21). The Anti-Nephi-Lehies believe in Jesus Christ and keep the law of Moses.

Chapter 26: Ammon spends the chapter talking about how great God is, he says that he does not boast, but boasts because of his God. Through the scriptures, our faithfulness and God we can be strengthened and given knowledge. Through our knowledge that God has given us and his mighty power we can bring 1,000's or more to the knowledge of God. God has ALL POWER.
                "Yea, he that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good works, and prayeth continually without ceasing - unto such it is given to know the mysteries of God... yea it shall be given unto such to bring thousands of souls to repentance..." (Alma 26:22)

No comments:

Post a Comment