Monday, December 19, 2011

Day 48; 3 Nephi 17-20

Day 48; 3 Nephi 17-20


I am tackling the Book of Mormon in 60 days. My plan is to have the Book of Mormon studied by the end of 2011. During my challenge, I will post a daily blog of my reading, in this blog I will share with you... my thoughts, feelings, opinions and knowledge about the Book of Mormon. Do you have questions? Comments? Please... lets start a discussion. I would be more than happy to answer your questions, comments or concerns!

Request a FREE copy of the Book of Mormon: http://mormon.org/free-book-of-mormon/
How the Book of Mormon came about: http://youtu.be/FMQEb9A9L2g  

Scripture Thought (What I Learned):

Chapter 17: Jesus, after having spoken with the people... commanded them to ponder over his words and ask God for understanding of his words. He then told the people that he would return in the morning, but that he had to visit the people in Israel. Before he left, he commanded that all the little children be brought forth and blessed. There were 2,500 gathered and angels did come down from heaven to bless the children.

Chapter 18: Jesus commands that all the people sit on the ground and commands the twelve to gather bread and wine. Jesus institutes the sacrament among the Nephites and tells them the meaning of the sacrament:
                "And this shall ye always do to those who repent and are baptized in my name; and ye shall do it in remembrance of my blood, which I have shed for you, that ye may witness unto the Father that ye do always remember me. And if ye do always remember me ye shall have my Spirit to be with you" (3 Nephi 18:11)
                Essentially sacrament (partaking of the bread and water in church) should be a time of remembrance to the covenant that we made at baptism.  
                Jesus commands us to pray always "...lest ye (we) be tempted by the devil, and...be led away captive by him." (3 Nephi 18:15)
                We must always pray within our families, as a family. "...that your wives and your children may be blessed"  (3 Nephi 18:21)

Chapter 19: The Twelve Apostles administer unto the people. Jesus ascends into heaven and everyone goes back to their homes, awaiting the morning to learn more and see Jesus. Many people are baptized and receive the Holy Ghost. Jesus prays to the father and he attests of the great faith of the Nephites.

Chapter 20: Jesus comes among the Nephites again and commands them to partake of the sacrament. He miraculously provides wine and bread for them to eat. We learn that the offspring of Joseph will come to the knowledge of their Lord and inherit the Americas. More of the Lord's people will be gathered in Jerusalem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment