Sunday, December 18, 2011

Day 47; Third Nephi 13-16

Day 47; Third Nephi 13-16


I am tackling the Book of Mormon in 60 days. My plan is to have the Book of Mormon studied by the end of 2011. During my challenge, I will post a daily blog of my reading, in this blog I will share with you... my thoughts, feelings, opinions and knowledge about the Book of Mormon. Do you have questions? Comments? Please... lets start a discussion. I would be more than happy to answer your questions, comments or concerns!

Request a FREE copy of the Book of Mormon: http://mormon.org/free-book-of-mormon/
How the Book of Mormon came about: http://youtu.be/FMQEb9A9L2g  


Scripture Thought (What I Learned):

Chapter 13: Compare to Matthew 6; Jesus teaches the Nephites about the proper was to pray. We learn that we can pray using simple steps:
                1. Address our Heavenly Father; "Dear Heavenly Father..." etc.
                2. Thank him for the many things, for the blessings, etc.
                3. Ask him for whatever you stand in need.
                4. End in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

                Prayer is really simple, it is a conversation. We need to avoid vain repetitions and be respectful. But at the same time, have a conversation... like we would with a loving parent.

                "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." (3 Nephi 13:21) - Money, riches and worldly things are not bad, but if that is all we focus our lives on then, we will have lived a life in vain. We must store up, heavenly treasures.

                The twelve are commanded to live a life with not thought of temporal things.

Chapter 14: Compare to Matthew 7; Jesus commands...
               
·         Judge Not, that ye be not judged.  Basically do not judge others, because none of us are perfect and with that same judgment, God will judge us.
·         Ask of God... "...knock and it shall be opened unto you. For everyone that asketh, recieveth..." (3 Nephi 14:7-8) - Does this mean that you can ask for 1 million dollars and receive it? No. But if we are worried about paying the bills or just want to increase our gain to live a better life? I would say Yes. Everything we ask for, however needs to be worthy of asking for.
·         Beware of False Prophets... "...who come unto you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves" (3 Nephi 14:15) But it says by your fruits you will know, whether they be a prophet of God or not. Joseph Smith? His fruit was the Book of Mormon. This proves he was a prophet. Don't believe me? Ask God for yourself!

                Salvation is promised to those who do the will of God the Father.

Chapter 15: Jesus again announces that the Law of Moses has been fulfilled, with his coming. In John 10:14-16 Jesus speaks to the people in Jerusalem...

" I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be onefold, and one shepherd." (John 10:14-16)
                And in Chapter 15, he talks with the Nephites and tells them that they were the other sheep that he was talking about.
" That other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. And now, because of stiffneckedness and unbelief they understood not my word; therefore I was commanded to say no more of the Father concerning this thing unto them. But, verily, I say unto you that the Father hath commanded me, and I tell it unto you, that ye were separated from among them because of their iniquity; therefore it is because of their iniquity that they know not of you. And verily, I say unto you again that the other tribes hath the Father separated from them; and it is because of their iniquity that they know not of them. And verily I say unto you, that ye are they of whom I said: Other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd." (3 Nephi 15:17-21)
                This is another evidence of the veracity of the Book of Mormon. Jesus has other people to visit, he says it right in the Bible. The Book of Mormon is a history of the other "fold" of his flock. See 2 Nephi 29; as this is very similar.

Chapter 16: Jesus will visit other lost sheep of his flock. In the Last Days the gospel will go forth among the gentiles and then to the house of Israel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment